- steroid injections which failed at relieving the back pain but ended up improving my asthma symptoms
- chiropractic manipulation – which helped tremendously but required weekly visits that were not covered by insurance
- major weight loss – which eliminated the chronic pain
- oral steroids (which are making me bats#$% crazy)
- rest and, wait for it …
- losing 10 pounds as my current level of exertion may be too much at my current weight
Thus far I’ve taken the pills and stayed out of the gym, practiced yoga (the only exercise permissible) and have been contemplating how to address my diet in order to lose some more weight. I’m not pleased but will do it, and will seek a nutritionist since I’m diabetic and exercise five days a week. In other words, I am actually complying with doctor’s orders 🙂
I hope that none of you are dealing with any injuries during this festive season. If you are, I hope you’re on the mend, complying with the prescribed treatment(s) and enjoying your family and friends. On the bright side, if you’re sidelined from the gym/road/court etc, that gives you more time to spend with the folks you love.
If you have a history of back problems, I’d loved to hear about your experiences and how you’ve overcome them. Feel free to share in the comments or hit me up on Twitter or Google+.
Until next time see you somewhere, anywhere other than the doctor’s office 😉
2 thoughts on “Injury Report – Ridiculous”
I feel you, I have sciatica, every few months it shows up and makes for a bad week or more. My chiropractor is great but, it takes her a few visits though. Feel better.
Thank you I’m on the mend.
Comments are closed.